The many happenings of Mike, Ally, Thomas, And Ryan....

Monday, July 30, 2007

Beach Day, Speaking in Church, and Other News


























So we have a blog now.I thought it would be a fun way to keep friends and family updated. So here we go.....
We had our first beach day last week at La Jolla Shores. It was Thomas' last day of summer school, and the school puts on a beach get together for the last day. Fun, fun, fun! Actually, it was great! Ryan was sandy from head to toe within the first 4 minutes (before sunscreen). The boys had a great time with all of the kids and at the playground. The water was pure heaven, and the weather was beautiful........isn't that why we stay here?? Anyways, it has been a busy summer so far but we're all having fun.
Mike is enjoying his job, and we miss him when he has to travel. But we all survive...Ryan and Thomas are doing great. Ryan is expanding his volcabulary all the time now. His most recent addition was "ball" and "no no". Thomas is on his first and last soccer team. It's getting better every week, but mostly he will play one quarter per game and then climb the tree. To quote him at the first game, he said "Mom. I hate soccer! I only want to play baseball!" He really likes to play goally, and enjoys the practices, and usually wants to sleep in his uniform on game days. So it's not too terrible.
Mike and I had to give talks this past Sunday. This was my first since being baptized 11 years ago. I was starting to get a little prideful about my ability to not be asked to speak. I was asked one time in our last ward when we moved in in 1997. I said nope, absolutely not. They never asked again....I could feel this one coming though. I think I am just tired from being so stubborn and or scared this long about speaking and callings, etc. The worst part was waiting to speak. I havent been that nervous in quite a while. It reminded me of that show Fear Factor, and I thought while sitting up there, 'I would rather eat some strange bug at this point than speak today'. But I did some deep breathing, much like the ones you do while in labor and I did it. Afterwards I felt really good and thought that I could actually do it again. Miracles can happen.
Well, I hope you all enjoy the blog, and add to it! we'll see how it goes......love you all!

No comments: